The IOC and Olympic Solidarity will be renewing the Athlete Career Transition Programme, which was launched as a pilot for the first time at the Winter Youth Olympic Games Lausanne 2020. This initiative, which is an extension of Athlete365 Career+, is aimed at providing an opportunity to former elite athletes who wish to pursue a career in the field of sports administration and Games operations.
As the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC), we are able to submit (1) application for a former elite athlete who is in a career transition process, and to include them as a full member of their team delegation in an operational role, allowing them to enjoy an Olympic experience from behind the scenes and provide support to the team.
This process will take part in phases:
- COC application process closes April 14, 2023.
- The COC will select 1 applicant to be submitted to the program
- The successful applicant will then need to create a video presentation, containing: a presentation of themselves and an overview of their career transition; and an explanation of the relevance of their career transition to be included in this programme.
- The application will be submitted by the COC on behalf of the applicant by May 1, 2023.
- IOC and Olympic Solidarity will select twenty (20) applicants total from all NOCs that have applied – to be confirmed by July 1, 2023.
The former elite athlete should have been involved with the COC and competed as part of the national team in past Olympic Games or Continental Games (Pan-American Games). We are particularly interested in candidates who could fulfill a role on our Health Services Team (physio/athletic therapists) but the application is open to all who are eligible and interested in gaining games operations experience.
Please note that while flights, accommodation and meals are covered, this is a volunteer position.
1.Preparation Seminar: December 2023 (Exact date tbd)
2. Games Period: approx. January 19, 2024 – February 1, 2024
3. Participate in team meetings and training sessions
IOC mandatory activities
In addition to performing their Games-time role with the COC, the former athlete will attend the mandatory sessions provided by the IOC, to further complement their experience and professional development:
- Before the Youth Olympic Games:
- Online session with all selected former athletes, allowing everyone to meet each other and learn more about the programme
- During the Youth Olympic Games:
- In-person Athlete365 Career+ self-discovery career transition workshop;
- Meet & greet session with members of the IOC Athletes’ Commission and/or Athlete Role Models;
- Presentation on Athlete365 to assist in the promotion of this athletes’ platform during the YOG. The IOC would like these delegation members to promote Athlete365 and the Athlete Education Programme to the competing athletes in their delegation.
- Scroll to the bottom of this page: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/MTTHK3D?lang=en
- Enter your contact information
- Upload your CV / Resume
- Upload Motivational Letter