Bell Let’s Talk is a campaign dedicated to moving mental health forward in Canada. It is not only changing the landscape of mental health funding in Canada, but is also contributing to changes in attitudes and behaviours. With the help of Canadians and people around the world, Bell Let’s Talk Day has now surpassed one billion messages of support sent and over $100 million in Bell funding towards mental health.
‘Mental Health: Every Action Counts’, the theme of this year’s campaign, extends beyond anti-stigma alone to include the actions, large and small, that can be taken to help create positive change for people living with mental health issues.
As a proud partner of Bell and in support of the Bell Let’s Talk program, the COC is committed to reducing the stigma around mental health by continuing the conversation for our athletes, coaches, staff and Canada’s sport community.
The Canadian Olympic Committee, in collaboration with TSN and RDS, has created Bell Let’s Talk Day features on Olympic champions Rosie MacLennan and Christine Girard to support the mental health campaign. Rosie talks about her battle with anxiety and depression; describing how through her actions of wellness, she has found balance on and off the field of play. For Christine, it was her focus on wellness which helped her come to the realization that the support she needed had been there all along, and how helping others with similar challenges contributed to her own recovery.
On January 29th 2020, Bell will donate towards mental health initiatives in Canada by contributing 5¢ for every applicable text, call, Tweet, social media video view and use of our Facebook frame or Snapchat filter.
Wondering how you can make an impact? When it comes to mental health, every action counts!
- Talk: For every mobile and long distance call made by a Bell, Bell Aliant or Bell MTS customer, Bell will donate 5¢ to mental health initiatives.
- Text: For every text message sent by a Bell Mobility customer, Bell will donate 5¢ towards Canadian mental health initiatives (turn off iMessage!)
- Twitter: Each time you tweet and retweet using #BellLetsTalk or watch our official video, Bell will donate 5¢ towards Canadian mental health initiatives.
- Facebook: Each time you use the Bell Let’s Talk Facebook frame or watch our official video, Bell will donate 5¢ towards Canadian mental health initiatives.
- Instagram: Each time you watch our official video on Instagram, Bell will donate 5¢ towards Canadian mental health initiatives.
- Snapchat: Each time you send a snap using the Bell Let’s Talk filter or watch our official video, Bell will donate 5¢ towards Canadian mental health initiatives.
- Youtube: Each time you watch our official video on YouTube, Bell will donate 5¢ towards Canadian mental health initiatives.
Thank you for your support.