The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) Athletes’ Commission (AC) is calling all Team Canada Olympic and Pan American athletes: nominations for 5 vacant Panam Sports Athlete Commission positions are now open!
One candidate can be put forward by the COC. The election will take place at the upcoming Lima 2019 Pan American Games.
● Must be/have been a competitor at the Lima 2019 Pan American Games, Rio 2016 Olympic Games, and/or Toronto 2015 Pan American Games;
● Athletes from the following sports (already represented by other countries) do not qualify: rowing, judo, athletics and swimming;
● Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish is an asset.
Composition of Pan Am Sports AC:
● Nine (9) athletes with a minimum of three (3) women and three (3) men;
● No more than one (1) elected member from the same National Olympic Committee;
● No more than one (1) athlete per sport.
● An 8-year commitment (one full term) is expected;
● If nominated and elected, the candidate will also be a member of the COC AC for the length of their Panam Sports AC term:
● If nominated and elected, the candidate will be expected to travel to meetings held in various locations in North and South America.
The mission of the Panam Sports Athlete Commission is to represent the views, rights and interests of athletes of the Americas and to ensure the athlete perspective is considered in all Panam Sports actions and overall strategic vision. We believe it is important for Canada to be represented and to support a stronger, active athlete community. The Panam Sports AC also plays a key role liaising between the IOC Athlete’s Commission and National Olympic Committee Athletes’ Commissions. The candidate, working with his/her peers, will be responsible for both continental and international sport issues.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a 300-word personal statement on why you hope to be nominated/elected to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM ET on Monday April 22nd.