Olympic Day celebrates the founding of the International Olympic Committee and the birth of the modern Olympic Games. Make sure to share how you #MoveForPeace – a call to action for people to move together to show their united support for a peaceful world.
Throughout the month of June Team Canada has been celebrating and honouring several awareness days and themes across our various channels. Team Canada is committed to creating safer, more inclusive, barrier free sport experiences. Below are some highlights and we encourage you to check out the content and stories shared by the Team Canada OLY Community.
- June is National Indigenous History Month, check out these resources, and read this story from fellow OLY, Jamie Lee Rattray.
- June is Pride Month, check out the Canadian Olympic School Program OneTeam resources, and sign-up to join the COC, CPC and You Can Play as we march in Pride Parades this summer.
- June is also Canadian Tire Jumpstart Month, help bring the excitement of the Olympic Movement to younger generations through the June Celebration Guide and Calendar.
- June 12th the COC announced an investment of $10-million for Safe Sport, learn more here.
- On June 14th, the 2030 Games Hosting Concept was revealed at Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre in Whistler.
- June 21st was National Indigenous Peoples Day, check out the new article on olympic.ca from OLY Steve Collins.
- It’s not too late to register to walk in the Pride Parades with Team Canada!
- Annie Guglia: https://olympic.ca/2020/08/14/diversity-and-inclusion-in-skateboarding-its-the-best-time-right-now-says-annie-guglia/
- Eric Radford: https://olympic.ca/2019/06/21/becoming-comfortable-in-your-own-skin-by-eric-radford/
- One Team resources: https://olympic.ca/education/one-team-2/
- Proud to play: https://olympic.ca/2021/03/25/team-canada-proud-to-play/
- Resources: https://olympic.ca/team-canada-national-indigenous-day-resources/
- Indigenous TC athletes: https://olympic.ca/2019/06/21/team-canada-celebrates-indigenous-day/
- Mary Spencer: https://olympic.ca/2019/10/23/mary-spencer-inspires-indigenous-youth-to-believe-that-nothing-is-impossible/
- CCDI Webinar: The history of Indigenous Peoples in Canada (EN)
- CCDI Webinar: Land acknowledgments – The why and how (EN)
- CCDI Webinar: Moving towards building a Reconciliation action plan: Indigenous inclusion with employers (EN with live French interpretation) *recording available within the next 2-3 weeks
- Residential schools: https://nctr.ca/education/teaching-resources/residential-school-history/
- University of Alberta – Indigenous Canada Course offered through Coursera – https://www.coursera.org/learn/indigenous-canada (EN with FR Subtitles available)